Scaling Software Development - The Blagoblaghttps://alexgaynor.net/2020/feb/18/scaling-software-development/
Favourite quote: "As the scale of a codebase increases, any properties of it which are not programmatically enforced will tend to regress."
Includes code formatting, linting, automated testing and fundamental properties of the language like type safety. Also notes that large code bases come from small code bases so the more things you can programmatically enforce from the beginning, the better for the long term.
Related By Tags
- 🔗 Wesley Aptekar-Cassels | Things I Believe About Software Engineering
- 🔗 Architecture for generations – Increment: Software Architecture
- 🔗 Staff archetypes | StaffEng
- 🔗 An incomplete list of skills senior engineers need, beyond coding | by Camille Fournier | Jun, 2021 | Medium
- 🔗 Code rant: Heisenberg Developers
- 🔗 Ise Jingu and the Pyramid of Enabling Technologies — The Prepared
- 🔗 My proposal for scaling open source: don’t | Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programmers
- 🔗 A virtuous cycle for analytics – Jon Udell
- 🔗 How Big Tech Runs Tech Projects and the Curious Absence of Scrum - The Pragmatic Engineer
- 🔗 How I build a feature