Reclaiming the lost art of Linux server administration | pietrorea's bloghttps://www.pietrorea.com/2022/01/28/reclaiming-the-lost-art-of-linux-server-administration
Choice quote: "The truth is that it was possible to build high-traffic web services in the "bad old days", even with a very small team."
Even better though is "Linux admin is a chore, but in return you get the whole computer." which is something I definitely agree with. I think this is a more interesting thing to focus on in the context of personal computing.
Though I'm not sure that administration is a lost art, maybe more that it's just not cool.
Related By Tags
- 🔗 Production Untouched by Human Hands – Flameeyes's Weblog
- 🔗 Hosting my static sites with nginx
- 🔗 (A few) Ops Lessons We All Learn The Hard Way
- 🔗 Pulumi - Modern Infrastructure as Code
- 🔗 Kernel/Reference/IOSchedulers - Ubuntu Wiki
- 🔗 Better Linux Disk Caching & Performance with vm.dirty_ratio
- 🔗 LabGopher :: Great server deals on eBay
- 🔗 linux - How to disable everything in crontab -l? - Server Fault
- 🔗 Bug 773645 – [ui-review] Add a way to keep the display turned on during lock
- 🔗 Lock screen without blank in 18.04 - Ask Ubuntu