Avoiding Internet Centralizationhttps://mnot.github.io/avoiding-internet-centralization/draft-nottingham-avoiding-internet-centralization.html
This document offers a definition of centralization, explains why it is undesirable, identifies different types of centralization, catalogues limitations of common approaches to controlling it, and explores what Internet standards efforts can do to address it.
Going to need to refer back to this I think.
Related By Tags
- 🔗 rebeccapurple – Eric’s Archived Thoughts
- 🔗 The Other Road Ahead
- 🔗 Lecture Notes | The Army that Never Existed: The Failure of Social Bots Research
- 🔗 LOW←TECH MAGAZINE
- 🔗 The Social Graph Is Neither (Pinboard Blog)
- 🔗 Itty Bitty Sites
- 🔗 Old CSS, new CSS / fuzzy notepad
- 🔗 A Conspiracy To Kill IE6
- 🔗 AltaVista – The Tragic Tale Of The Search Enigine Pioneer - Digital.com
- 🔗 Datasette — Datasette documentation