File over app — Stephan Angohttps://stephanango.com/file-over-app
File over app is a philosophy: if you want to create digital artifacts that last, they must be files you can control, in formats that are easy to retrieve and read. Use tools that give you this freedom.
This is a very important point: data is much more tangible and material in ways that software isn’t. When we consider data and software as an assemblage, the data and the models we fit it into seem to constrain and afford us much more than the software. We have much more freedom with the software than the data format.
Related By Tags
- 🔗 Get Started · Snorkel
- 🔗 Datasette — Datasette documentation
- 🔗 Why Craigslist Is Such a Mess | WIRED
- 🔗 RFC 8493 - The BagIt File Packaging Format (V1.0)
- 🔗 Sorry for all the Drupal: Reflections on the 3rd anniversary of "Drupal for Humanists" | Quinn Dombrowski
- 🔗 Computer Files Are Going Extinct - OneZero
- 🔗 The Rise of ``Worse is Better''
- 🔗 Command-line Tools can be 235x Faster than your Hadoop Cluster - Adam Drake
- 🔗 Why are we so bad at software engineering? | www.bitlog.com
- 🔗 SCS: Self-Contained Systems