Computers can be understood - Made of Bugshttps://blog.nelhage.com/post/computers-can-be-understood/
I think this blog post is a good summary about my beliefs and approaches to software. I have strong preference for things I can understand, and I work to make sure that the things I build stay within that boundary.
I need to reread the section on pitfalls with this method carefully, because I can definitely relate to the examples.
Related By Tags
- 🔗 Citation Needed « blarg?
- 🔗 What Humanities Scholars Want Students To Know About the Internet: Alternative Paths for Alternative Endpoints | Computing Ed Research - Guzdial's Take
- 🔗 (A few) Ops Lessons We All Learn The Hard Way
- 🔗 Wesley Aptekar-Cassels | Things I Believe About Software Engineering
- 🔗 Engineering | BestPracticer
- 🔗 Sorry for all the Drupal: Reflections on the 3rd anniversary of "Drupal for Humanists" | Quinn Dombrowski
- 🔗 Computer Files Are Going Extinct - OneZero
- 🔗 The Rise of ``Worse is Better''
- 🔗 The Best System Architecture – Amy Phillips
- 🔗 Command-line Tools can be 235x Faster than your Hadoop Cluster - Adam Drake