sbensu: APIs as laddershttps://blog.sbensu.com/posts/2022-01-24-apis-as-ladders/
A mental model for designing APIs for developers, focusing on a few different aspects to represent people learning to use the API over time. A good API from their perspective is the following ladder that allows people to grow with the API:
- Convenient to get started with.
- Can be learned gradually.
- Flexible enough to be broadly applicable.
Related By Tags
- 🔗 The Rise of ``Worse is Better''
- 🔗 Why are we so bad at software engineering? | www.bitlog.com
- 🔗 Crash Only Software - HotOS IX — Paper
- 🔗 Dan McKinley :: Choose Boring Technology
- 🔗 Performance is a UX problem | Clearleft
- 🔗 Being a responsible subsystem – Jessitron
- 🔗 Game UI Database | Welcome
- 🔗 InvisibleUp - Articles - FrontPage: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- 🔗 10 Years of Open-Source Visualization / Mike Bostock / Observable
- 🔗 A parable about problem solving in software development | David R. MacIver