Why software projects take longer than you think: a statistical model · Erik Bernhardssonhttps://erikbern.com/2019/04/15/why-software-projects-take-longer-than-you-think-a-statistical-model.html
Tldr: outliers dominate the time to finish tasks, and time estimates are always going to be skewed because of this.
Related By Tags
- 🔗 interblah.net - Two thoughts about maintainable software
- 🔗 Managing Research Software Projects
- 🔗 How Big Tech Runs Tech Projects and the Curious Absence of Scrum - The Pragmatic Engineer
- 🔗 (A few) Ops Lessons We All Learn The Hard Way
- 🔗 Wesley Aptekar-Cassels | Things I Believe About Software Engineering
- 🔗 Engineering | BestPracticer
- 🔗 Sorry for all the Drupal: Reflections on the 3rd anniversary of "Drupal for Humanists" | Quinn Dombrowski
- 🔗 Computer Files Are Going Extinct - OneZero
- 🔗 The Rise of ``Worse is Better''
- 🔗 The Best System Architecture – Amy Phillips