Please destroy this software after publication. kthxbye.http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/2015-how-should-we-think-about-research-software.html
An article I spent a long time looking for.
Basic point: not all software needs to be created for reuse. Some software need only exist for the purposes of review/verification, but does not justify the level of effort to take it any further.
Related By Tags
- 🔗 No script is too simple - Nicolas Bouliane
- 🔗 (A few) Ops Lessons We All Learn The Hard Way
- 🔗 Wesley Aptekar-Cassels | Things I Believe About Software Engineering
- 🔗 Engineering | BestPracticer
- 🔗 Sorry for all the Drupal: Reflections on the 3rd anniversary of "Drupal for Humanists" | Quinn Dombrowski
- 🔗 Computer Files Are Going Extinct - OneZero
- 🔗 The Rise of ``Worse is Better''
- 🔗 The Best System Architecture – Amy Phillips
- 🔗 Why are we so bad at software engineering? | www.bitlog.com
- 🔗 Crash Only Software - HotOS IX — Paper